COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Information
While concerns regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19) continue to grow, we at Lewis Family Medicine & Urgent Care feel it is important we release a statement to our community.
As of March 6th, 2020, there have been no reported cases in either Travis County or Hays County. To date, there is no specific antiviral treatment recommended for COVID-19. Therefore, all treatment for this virus is considered supportive care.
If you fear exposure you should remain isolated. If you are experiencing flu like symptoms and are unsure about what to do, call your healthy preferred care professional for further instruction.
If you determine your symptoms warrant further investigation, please be prepared to answer the following questions:
- What are your current symptoms? (Ex: coughing, wheezing, fever, etc.)
- How long have you experienced these symptoms?
- Have you traveled (domestically or internationally) in the last 14 days?
- Is there anyone in your home or residence that you have been in close contact with since symptoms arose?
- Do you have a history of chronic upper respiratory illness/disease?
Limiting exposure is of the utmost importance. If directed to the hospital, call ahead of time so they may be prepared for your arrival.
If you are recommended to isolate yourself at home, inform all residents of your home or residence to remain isolated until it is clear they have not been affected.
Click Here to download a PDF of this message.